- IT Contracts
- GDPR Compliance
- Public Procurement
- Antimonopoly law
- Marketing and advertisement
- Commercial contracts
- Telecommunication Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
- Copyright and Intellectual Property
- Dispute Resolution, Litigation and Arbitration
- Project Management Support
- Competition and Consumer Protection
IT law has always been the bedrock of our practice at Maruta & Wachta. We have built an unrivalled experience in niche areas of IT law requiring highly specialised legal expertise. We have a large body of domestic and international clients. Over the past two decades, we have taken part in hundreds of IT projects, with a total value of over PLN 15 billion. We advise both IT contractors and the contracting parties, and draft and negotiate all manner of contracts tailored to their needs.
We are experts in the field of proprietary, telecommunications, energy, banking, and insurance systems, as well as the CRM, WMS and ERP systems implementations (including over a hundred of SAP/Oracle/MS implementations). Our experience includes some of the largest and most innovative outsourcing transactions undertaken in Poland, including the complex outsourcing of entire IT departments. We help our clients to tackle all the legal issues surrounding the most innovative system solutions, including the cloud computing contracts, from the initial strategic decision through contract negotiations to post-contract relationship management. We aid legal certainty and compliance, assess the legal risks and help to safeguard our client’s interests. We have extensive experience in negotiating both outsourcing and cloud computing contracts with the leading international IT companies (direct negotiations with headquarters in Europe and in the U.S.).
We are aware of the inherent dangers and risks involved, which makes us uniquely qualified to help you mitigate or avoid them altogether. As our business partners can attest, a well-drafted agreement can significantly reduce the risks involved in the project implementation.
We have a vast experience in the implementation of innovative software development projects using agile development methodologies. Our combination of industry expertise with technical depth allows us to create real value to our clients.
- advising, drafting and negotiating of standard waterfall-based and agile software development contracts, service and software development agreements, etc.;
- designing and drafting of outsourcing contracts, including revenue sharing and outcome-based outsourcing, drafting KPI/SLA annexes with correlated payment mechanisms and compensation models;
- advising on exit planning matters, together with securing the interests of the parties, having due regard to intellectual property;
- negotiating and reviewing cloud computing contracts, having due regard to the personal data and data safety;
- devising solutions based upon IaaS and SaaS, the transition from licensing to service models (CAPEX to OPEX), implementation of SaaS models in accordance with Art. 136 of the Polish Public Procurement Law (PZP);
- drafting and preparation of RFP, SIWZ and offers, as well as verifying legal compliance and conforming to formal requirements;
- advising on projects tendered under the public procurement regime.